A better communication channel

i can’t use matrix (fluffy or element apps) or discord. i tried to like them, i really did (and used for months), but they’re both dreadful (for my “bad” internet or “awesome” android).

and discourse is not engaging. it probably never will be. node bb or something else will do it much better before the sadly blind discourse folks can see it happening.

perhaps it’s relevant to say i got no desktop. like most people who shall be interested in tosdr, i’d argue.

so, here are my suggestions (once again):

telegram.

i was going to create a group there to reserve the name @tosdr for you, when (and if) you ever decide to do it…

but it was taken. so i reserved another one instead.

ps: too sad they still don’t use ipfs or were smart enough like lbry or (even facebook) to handle names.

delta chat

this would be much closer to ideal, imho, but i have little clue on how to do it… and can’t bother to learn it just yet.

briar

never used it really, but got it installed and it’s very refreshing. might work for you! :grin:

others

i only know there are many better decentralised and open source alternatives… bet you can find one.

1 Like

A telegram is a neat idea!

I have created a status channel for personal use as well (which is public, so everyone can join) Telegram: Contact @tosdr_status

and an announcement channel if it gets traction (Telegram: Contact @official_tosdr)

Edit: The group would have to be community run though, as we do not have the capabilities to moderate another channel :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Telegram is a great idea.

The group would have to be community run though, as we do not have the capabilities to moderate another channel

I just created a group https://t.me/termsdidntread
If you want I can help make a bridge between telegram and discord. That way you can talk to members of both groups.

For some reason discord doesn’t work on my mobile phone whenever I am on wifi

2 Likes

We already have a Telegram group: Telegram: Contact @tosdrorg, feel free to join it!
It’s not yet bridged to Discord/Matrix, though.

3 Likes

Great. If you want I can help with the bridging for discord and telegram. I do not have any experience on bridging matrix/elements though

3 Likes

I have created a new community page ToS;DR Communities -- Terms of Service; Didn't Read. If you have another unofficial community I am not aware of, feel free to open a Jira Ticket below.

:bulb: Suggest a community

1 Like

whatever happened to the status channel?

and what differentiates official from unofficial, exactly?

The status channel is incompatible with statuspage, thus it was deleted.

unofficial means we don’t maintain that community (moderate)

1 Like

i wouldn’t bother to bridge.

synchronous conversations are better with less people.

and we got at least 2 staff members on telegram already.

but you can give it a shot.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.