Case Proposal: Prices and fees may be changed at any time, without notice to you

I propose the following data to be a new case, initially proposed by @Dr_Jeff in GitHub

Fields Data
Name Prices and fees may be changed at any time, without notice to you
Description The service reserves the right to change or modify its pricing and fees at any time, and such changes are effective immediately without need for further notice to the user.
Classification bad
Topic Topic Payments (ToS;DR Phoenix)
Weight 30

Examples
Point 21007 (ToS;DR Phoenix)
https://edit.tosdr.org/points/21703

3 Likes

100% agree with adding this a point. Although the current description makes me feel like it should be a blocker. Maybe it could be split into 2 points? The current one becomes a blocker, and a second one is created with a bad classification where users are given advanced notice

2 Likes

Why should an advanced notice warrant a bad point? Its normal for pricing changes

3 Likes

That’s true, I wasn’t quite thinking the whole way through. Advanced notice could probably be neutral

2 Likes

I see your viewpoint, but wouldn’t a blocker obstruct other cases’ importance?

Even though in theory this could significantely affect a user, it would only apply in an exceptional situation in which the user is paying for a product or service, has activated automatic renewal and the service decides to change the pricing without notice.

Would you agree increasing the weight to 80 instead? This way the classification won’t excessively affect the reviews while users are still informed of it.

2 Likes

Changing the weight works for me. I feel like this is an important point, since technically the service could reserve the right to severely change the pricing (ex. from $15 to $60). Although we have to trust they wouldn’t make changes that drastic without notifying people.

1 Like

The case is now available in Phoenix: Case 497: Prices and fees may be changed at any time, without notice to you
As agreed, its weight is 80 and it’s classified as bad.

1 Like