Case Proposal: This service prohibits harming minor in any ways

I propose the following data to be a new case:

Fields Data
Name This service prohibits harming minor in any ways
Description This service prohibits harming minor in any ways. Since both “minor” and “in any ways” are vague and can be cited to restrict possibly any actions, the case is not classified as “good”.
Classification neutral
Topic Topic Governance (ToS;DR Phoenix)
Weight 50
2 Likes

Sadly, this case is not as beautiful as you may think. You may think it is to protect child abuses. However, in some countries, “harming minor” including mentioning non-governmental-approved value since the government may think alternative political view is “corrupting the minor” and their promotional (sometimes extreme propaganda) is “protecting the minor”. In extreme cases, the generation gap could greatly affect the very definition of “harming minor”, and the conflict between the new generation and old generation is nothing new to us.

2 Likes

I’d say it’s a good idea!

However, the title seems unclear to me, and since this is probably related to content posted, I’d propose phrasing it like this: Prohibits the posting of content that may in any way harm minors and moving it to the Topic Content (now it contains most of the cases mentioning prohibited activities)

I also agree with the fact that this should definitely be a neutral case, it is often ambiguously written in ToS and could be interpreted in many different ways.

1 Like

This is not only about the contents, since I purposed this case after I saw the User Agreement in Bilibili. It has stated that:

4.2 禁止用户从事以下行为: [...] 4.2.2 以任何方式危害未成年人

2 Likes

I see… you’re right, it’s not only about content. Your title is then more appropriate (though I’d write “minor” in the plural form, but it’s a detail) and it should be on the Topic you initially suggested. :+1:

2 Likes

The case has been added here, according to the data of the first post. Other opinions are still welcome, until the topic closes :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I failed to see Classification of this case.

2 Likes

I forgot to add it! You should see it now.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 6 days. New replies are no longer allowed.