Prohibit posting of personally identifiable information

Found this line in Cisco’s Web Site Terms of Use (document-2581), seems like there should be a case for this:

“[You also agree not to: ] Attempt to collect, store, or publish personally identifiable information (a) without the owner’s knowledge and consent or (b) of a minor under the age of thirteen (13) in any circumstance.”

Maybe something like:
“This service prohibits the publishing of personally identifiable information without the owner’s consent”

I like this idea,

Possibly something like

Name This service prohibits the publishing of personally identifiable information without the owner’s consent
Classification Neutral
Weight 0

then?

3 Likes

I think this should be a good Case, not neutral, since it protects users Privacy in some way.

It could be compared to https://edit.tosdr.org/cases/317, it’s good with a weight of 50 (which IMHO is way too much…)

Fields Data
Name Prohibits the publishing of personally identifiable information without the owner’s consent
Description Users agree not to publicly post personally identifiable information (name, postal address, contact information…) without the owner’s knowledge or consent
Classification good
Topic Topic Content (ToS;DR Phoenix)
Weight 0
2 Likes

If no adverse opinions are expressed in the coming days I’ll add the case according to the data of the previous post :slight_smile:
Edit: the case has been created

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 9 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.