Can a user delete a Recipe Realm account?

Recipe Realm doesn’t offer a way to directly delete a user account:

If you do not want to use the service anymore, discontinue usage of your account. - Terms of Service

However, if you stop using your account for more than six months, it is deleted:
We remove accounts with no logins in the past 6 months.

Should we consider users can delete their accounts this way or that account deletion is impossible?

Should this point be approved?

2 Likes

This is an interesting case. I would think that users can’t delete their accounts, since it’s the service that does the actual deleting. Since the user will be deleted if inactive, I also wouldn’t consider deletion “impossible”. Does that make sense? Maybe there should be a case for deletion of inactive accounts, which I consider to be a positive thing. What do you think?

1 Like

So then the service would have both a good point (inactive account deletion) and a bad point (user can’t request account deletion)?

1 Like

I think that sounds right

1 Like

It already exists (Case 499: The service suspends your account after inactivity for a certain or uncertain time), it is neutral though as discussed here:
Case Proposal: The service would suspend your account after your inactivity for a certain or uncertain time

2 Likes